The American Belgian Malinois Club offers the ROM title 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class for Malinois owned by ABMC members that have proven themselves to be outstanding “multi-purpose” dogs as evidenced by holding advanced titles and/or titles in a variety of events.
Current title holders may be seen by clicking the appropriate title below.
All applicants for the ROM title must:
1. be registered with the AKC and have no disqualifying faults,
2. have an OFA/GDC number and rating, and
3. be tattooed or microchipped.
In addition, the requirements are as follows:
Note that SchH titles have been replaced with IPO titles; previously earned SchH titles are accepted.
ROM 1 (1st Class) requirements:
Ch and at least one of the following: UD, HX, TDX, VST, AX, AXJ, AXP, AJP, IPO2, RING 2, SAR
Dogs must have a Conformation Championship to earn a ROM 1
ROM 2 (2nd Class) requirements:
CH and at least one of the following: CDX, RAE, HI, TD, TDU, OA, OAJ, OAP, OJP, IPO1, RING 1
For non-CH dogs at least one of the following: UD, HX, TDX, VST, AX, AXJ, AXP, AJP, IPO2, RING 2, SAR
ROM 3 (3rd Class) requirements:
CH and at least one of the following: CD, HS, NA, NAJ, NAP, NJP, BH, RE, Brevet
For non-CH dogs at least one of the following: CDX, HI, TD, TDU, OA, OAJ, OAP, OJP, IPO1, RING 1, RAE
Please note: Breed Championship and all Agility, Herding, Obedience, and Tracking titles are AKC.
The ABMC is an AKC club. The ROM is open to all ABMC members.
To apply for the Register of Merit, the ABMC member must submit the following to Carolyn Kaiser, ROM Custodian:
- ABMC REGISTER OF MERIT APPLICATION
- Photocopy of AKC registration.
- Photocopy of OFA certificates (hips/elbows/eyes).
- Indication of Tattoo/Microchip Number, height, & weight.
- Two complete body profile color photos.
- Photocopies of certificates and/or score books (if no cert’s issued) of all titles you would like listed.
Once the ROM has been awarded you may Upgrade to a higher class by submitting photocopies of additional titles to the ROM Custodian. Please note that titles are not updated between ROM class awards, or after a ROM 1 has been issued.
There is no charge for application and there are no additional fees involved with this program for re-applying for a higher class.